Image Nation Abu Dhabi, in partnership with the Embassy of the United States and Film Independent, are offering AFS Storytelling – an in-depth program for scriptwriters.
Over the course of six months, world-class experts from American industry leader Film Independent will teach you all about the different aspects of scriptwriting, allowing you to hone your writing craft through in-depth sessions on the screenwriting craft and practice.
The program will teach you:
- The pillars of cinematic storytelling.
- The different elements and concepts of screenwriting: story structure, character development, plot points and rewriting.
- Provide you with hands-on exercises to hone your skills.
- Guide you through understanding the practice and process of giving, receiving and incorporating notes.
- Provide a thorough understanding of how the page translates to the screen.
- Help you to prepare yourself to present your projects to international competitions and festivals.
THE COURSE WILL BE SPLIT INTO THREE PARTS – WHICH YOU MUST COMMIT TO:
Section I: Finding Your Story and Story Structure – VIRTUAL – July 2022
- Tuesday, July 26 to Friday, July 29, from 7pm to 9pm AND
- Monday, August 1 to Thursday, August 4, from 7pm to 9pm
Section II: Character Development – VIRTUAL – September 2022
- Tuesday, September 13 to Friday September 16, from 7pm to 9pm AND
- Monday, September 19 to Thursday September 22, from 7pm to 9pm
Section III: Making Your Movie – IN PERSON – December 2022
- Friday, December 8, from 4pm to 8pm
- Saturday, December 9, from 11pm to 5pm
- Sunday, December 10, from 11am to 5pm
- Monday, December 11, from 5pm to 8pm
- Tuesday, December 12, from 5pm to 8pm
Each section will be taught by a different leading U.S. industry professional who will give you the tools to express your own unique, authentic voice and craft compelling content that can reach a local and global audience in the digital space.
Training will take place at Image Nation offices, Abu Dhabi.
This is an interactive practical program designed to workshop and develop material through the three sections. Participants must submit a treatment for a short film for the first section, and then develop a first draft of a screenplay for a short film to be admitted to the second section.
YOU MUST COMMIT TO THE FULL PROGRAM.
To apply for the course, please submit:
- Treatment in English (minimum one page, maximum two pages).
- Log line.
- Short bio.
The deadline for submissions will be June 15, 2022.