Image Nation Abu Dhabi, in partnership with the Embassy of the United States and Film Independent, are offering AFS Episodic Storytelling – an in-depth program for scriptwriters. Over the course of six months, world-class experts from American industry leader Film Independent will provide participants with a practical understanding of several distinctive elements of American Television and the tools to help them develop authentic content:
- The State of the TV Industry: Broadcast, cable and streaming television networks and the role of international co-productions.
- The Writers Room: The fine art and collaborative process of keeping the main voice/vision of a show creator, while enhancing it with multiple perspectives.
- Creating a Bible or Series Document: What you need to accomplish and how to do
- A Compelling Pilot: What does a pilot need to do in order to establish a show and help sell it to funders, broadcasters and talent
- The Art of the Pitch: Methods of pitching TV pilots and series
THE COURSE WILL BE SPLIT INTO THREE PARTS – WHICH YOU MUST COMMIT TO:
PART I – VIRTUAL – May/ June 2021
- Monday, May 24 to Thursday, May 27 from 7pm to 9pm AND
- Tuesday, June 1 to Friday, June 4 from 7pm to 9pm
PART II – VIRTUAL – August/ September 2021
- Monday, August 30 to Thursday, September 2 from 7pm to 9pm AND
- Tuesday, September 7 to Friday, September 10 from 7pm to 9pm
PART III – IN PERSON* – November 2021
- Thursday, November 4, from 4pm to 9pm in AD
- Friday, November 5, from 2pm to 7pm in AD
- Saturday, November 6, from 11am to 4pm in AD
- Monday, November 8, from 4pm – 9pm in AD
- Tuesday, November 9, from 4pm – 9pm in AD
- Wednesday, November 10, from 4pm – 9pm in AD
* SHOULD THE FILM INDEPENDENT TEAM NOT BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO THE UAE, THE WORKSHOP WILL TAKE PLACE ON LINE ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
- Monday, November 8 to Thursday, November 11 from 8pm to 10pm AND
- Monday, November 15 to Thursday, November 18 from 8pm to 10pm
Each section will be taught by a different leading U.S. industry professional who will give you the tools to express your own unique, authentic voice and craft compelling content that can reach a local and global audience in the digital space. Training will take place online, except for the last workshop that might take place at Image Nation offices, Abu Dhabi, if the global situation allows for training in person.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an interactive practical program designed to workshop and develop material through the three sections. Participants must submit a proposal for a TV series for the first section, and then develop a first draft of a pilot to be admitted to the second section.
YOU MUST COMMIT TO THE FULL PROGRAM.