AFS Corporate online program aims to educate junior-level marketing and communications executives about developing media content for use in company promotions – whether it be for public diplomacy, digital content, consumer awareness or internal communications. Participants will gain invaluable knowledge and skills from industry professionals and will learn everything from how to produce a short film, respond to RFPs, analyze production budgets and schedules, identify legal issues and develop creative approaches.
Overall Objective: Using your company mission, create a campaign with a strong video story to enhance your company’s local, regional or international standing within a targeted community.
In order to create the campaign you will develop skills in the following areas:
- Identify and create a clear goals.
- Identify your target audience.
- Develop balanced, objective creative approaches in a concept or story/script that are non-offensive for a wide viewing audience.
- Analyze budgets and production schedules to balance available time and resources with quality.
- Develop distribution strategies to maximum ROI.
- Create a presentation for a new campaign strategy using concise pitching techniques with visual support.
Other areas investigated during the program
- Crisis management
- Identify legal issues that may be relevant to permits, copyright, media, and image releases within a production.
COURSE SCHEDULE: 28th of June to 2nd of July and Presentation day on 12th of July
- Day 1
- Corporate storytelling: Narratives and messaging
- Understanding your stakeholder landscape
- Day 2
- What makes a great story?
- Documentary success and integration in a campaign
- Day 3
- Employee engagement
- Creative communications for corporates
- Identifying a strong video campaign for your company.
- Day 4
- Crisis management.
- Creating a 360-degree campaigns to promote visual content
- Day 5
- Production considerations: Time vs Quality vs Resources
- Distribution of video content on social media
- Pitching documentation
- Day 6
- Final Presentation and program summary.
- Application deadline by 24th of June, 2020.
- Candidates must have internet access and a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.
- AFS Corporate is open to Government entity employees involved in junior Marketing and Communications roles.
- Participants should be nominated by their company to take part in the course. Nominated participants should have completed a related communications program at a post-secondary level.
- You are required to fill the online application form and attach your CV and company letter confirming candidate’s leave for the training.
- Shortlisted candidates must be available for an online interview.