Are you a born storyteller or budding screenwriter with dreams of crafting scripts for the big screen? Then Image Nation’s Arab Film Studio Script Writing program is calling you!
Created in partnership with the Dubai Film Market, AFS Scriptwriting is your chance to put your dreams to paper and learn how to perfect your skills under the guidance of two industry spearheads.
The five-month program will provide you with mentoring from some of the film industry’s finest instructors, including a 3-week intensive workshop covering all disciplines of scriptwriting including story concept and character development.
It will also provide you with the key tools and training you will need to kick start your 3-month assignment to write a short film screenplay. The winning screenplay will be produced into a short film by Image Nation Abu Dhabi with a budget up to AED 100,000.
Then again at Arab Film Studio every finalist is a winner, gaining priceless experience in the exhilarating field we call film.
The AFS Script Writing annual training initiative aims to develop UAE nationals’ and UAE residents’ skills in writing scripts for the big screen
- Must be a UAE national or a resident in the UAE
- Submit one script with the following requirements:
- be a maximum of twenty (20) pages long with font size 12 and single spacing (if in English), and font size 13 and single spacing (if in Arabic);
- be of the “narrative” genre, meaning the story is created in a constructive format and describes a sequence of fictional events;
- regional story to be produced in the UAE;
- must stay within a total production budget of 100,000AED;
- be a wholly original work of the Entrant.
- Send a Log line and synopsis.
- One script previously written that has been produced along with a link to the final film and/ or any published work (short stories or books).
- One page Your Biography
- One page Motivation letter
Work can be submitted in English or Arabic
Once shortlisted the candidate must succeed a personal interview.
Closing submissions: April 30, 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on June, 1 2017. They must be able to attend an interview on the week of June 4 to 8, 2017
- Scriptwriting Workshop: July 2, 2017 to July 21, 2017.
- Online writing period: from July 22, 2017 to October, 30 2017. Weekly or bi-weekly feedback meetings. Online.
- DIFF: December 6 to 13, 2017. Participants should be available to attend the festival during these dates.
- Pitching Coaching: 3-day workshop during DIFF, dates to be determined.
- Final Pitching and Announcement of Winner: December 2017 during DIFF.