Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Image Nation’s website (the “Website”). Image Nation is a Free Zone Limited Liability Company established in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and registered with the Media Zone Authority, Abu Dhabi, with Company Registration Number 2.
Image Nation will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Website. However, by accessing or linking to the Website, you assume the risk that the Website and the content it contains, or may in the future contain, may be incomplete, inaccurate, out of date, or may not meet your needs and requirements.
Image Nation assumes no obligation to update the content on the Website.
3. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, LINKS AND SERVICES
The Website may contain links or references to other websites maintained by third parties over whom Image Nation has no control. Image Nation is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those sites. Similarly, the Website may be accessed from third-party links over which Image Nation has no control. Image Nation makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any information contained in such websites and shall have no liability for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from such content or information. Inclusion of any third-party link does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by Image Nation.
The Website may include certain content (“Social Media Content”) which has been published on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or other social media platforms (“Social Media Platforms”). All Social Media Content is subject to the rights, obligations and restrictions which are specified from time to time by the relevant Social Media Platform. Please consult the applicable terms and conditions of the relevant Social Media Platform to find out more.
If Social Media Content authored by you is displayed on the Website and you would like us to remove it from the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You acknowledge and agree that any content, post, comment, information, data or video posted or otherwise provided by you via the Website, as well as any metadata generated or recorded in connection therewith, may be made publicly available via search results displayed by Livefyre, Inc. or other third-party search providers.
4. TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHTS AND RESTRICTIONS
The Website is controlled and operated by Image Nation. Except for the Social Media Content (which is subject to rights, obligations and restrictions specified by the Social Media Platforms), all material (including, but not limited to, data, information, text, images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips)on the Website (“Material”) is protected by copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights that are owned and controlled by Image Nation, its related companies or by other parties that have licensed their Material to Image Nation.
Material on the Website is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Such Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, exchanged, modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted, stored or distributed in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means, without the express prior written consent of Image Nation. Use of the Material on any other website or networked computer environment, or use of the Material for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of Image Nation copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited.
Use of Material in contravention of this Clause may result in civil or criminal liability.
5. CONTRIBUTIONS TO IMAGE NATION
5.1. Unacceptable Content
The Website may contain discussion forums, bulletin boards, video and photograph boards, review services or other forums in which you or third parties may post contributions, both current and historical, including reviews, messages, materials or other items on the Website (“Interactive Areas”). Where Image Nation provides such Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and may only use them at your own risk.
By using any Interactive Areas, you expressly agree not to post, upload, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Website any of the following:
- Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photographs, videos, graphics, code or other material (“Content”) that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent, racist or otherwise objectionable;
- Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Content that contravenes the laws of the United Arab Emirates by:
- abusing an Islamic holy shrine or ritual, including (without limitation) where such shrine or ritual is protected under the Islamic Sharia (religious) law; and
- defaming any of the divine religions, including an act or theme which is blasphemous and/or defamatory to Arabs or any Muslims as an individual or a group or to any Arab or Muslim head of state, royal family and/or national symbol (for example the flag);
- Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Content that involves unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations, including Content that involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, spinning or spamming or provides links to other websites or webpages;
- Content that includes the private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- Content that includes viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Content that is unrelated to the topic of the Interactive Area(s) in which such Content is posted;
- Content that, in the sole judgment of Image Nation, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or the Website, or which may expose Image Nation or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
Although Image Nation has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the Content posted to or distributed through any Interactive Area, Image Nation reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit, without notice, any Content posted or stored on the Website at any time and for any reason, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any Content you post or store on the Website at your sole cost and expense.
In order to:
- Cooperate with governmental requests, an order of a court of competent jurisdiction or pursuant to any written law;
- To protect Image Nation’s systems and customers; or
- To ensure the integrity and operation of Image Nation’s business and systems,
5.2. Right to Use
By posting or distributing Content to or through the Website, unless we indicate otherwise, you
- Grant Image Nation, Image Nation’s parent company, the Media Zone Authority, and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Content throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised;
- Grant Image Nation and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Content, if they choose; and
- Represent and warrant that
- You own and control all of the rights to the Content that you post or otherwise distribute, or you otherwise have the lawful right to post and distribute such Content to or through the Website;
- Such Content is accurate and not misleading; and
Image Nation does not accept or consider unsolicited submissions of any kind (e.g. scripts, concepts or any other materials) by any means of transmission (including, without limitation, email). Any such submissions are discarded without being reviewed.
You acknowledge and agree that all feedback, comments and suggestions which you provide to Image Nation (including, without limitation, by email) become property of Image Nation and you hereby irrevocably assign all your right, title and interest thereto to Image Nation.
Content posted or submitted (including, without limitation, by email) by users will be considered non-confidential and Image Nation is under no obligation to treat such Content as proprietary information.
Without limiting the foregoing, Image Nation reserves the right to use the Content as it deems appropriate.
Image Nation is under no obligation to offer you any payment for Content that you post or submit (including, without limitation, by email) or the opportunity to edit, delete or otherwise modify Content once it has been posted or submitted to Image Nation. Image Nation shall have no duty to attribute authorship of Content to you, and shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
If it is determined that you retain any moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the Content by Image Nation, its parent company, the Media Zone Authority, or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the Content; and (d) you forever release Image Nation, its parent company, the Media Zone Authority and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against Image Nation by virtue of any such moral rights.
The Website and the information and materials on the Website are provided to you “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
The information contained herein may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Image Nation makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any facts, advice, opinions, views, statements, recommendations or other information displayed on or distributed through the Website. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such facts, advice, opinions, views, statements, recommendations, or other information is at your sole risk.
Image Nation makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the suitability, functionality, availability or operation of the Website. The Website may be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment. Image Nation does not warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects in the Website will be corrected, or that the Website or the servers that make the Website available are free from viruses or other harmful components.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Image Nation or its parent company, the Media Zone Authority, be liable to you for damages of any kind whether based in tort, contract, strict liability or otherwise, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages resulting from or in connection with:
- The Website or the information it contains or any errors or omissions in the technical operation of the Website, even if Image Nation has been advised of the possibility of such damages, whether caused in whole or in part by negligence, acts of God, telecommunications failure, or theft or destruction of, or unauthorized access to, the Website;
- Any statements, representations or Content provided by its users in any public forum, personal home page or other Interactive Area;
- Any Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, nor for any loss or damage thereto;
- Any Social Media Content displayed on or accessible through the Website; and
- Any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity, violations of law (including the laws of the United Arab Emirates) you may encounter on the Website.
You shall indemnify and hold Image Nation and its parent company, the Media Zone Authority, and their affiliates and each entity’s directors, officers and employees harmless in respect of any claim, loss, liability, damage or expense (including reasonable legal fees and expenses) arising out of or in connection with:
- Any claim that the Content or any Social Media Content infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party;
- Arising from your use or conduct on the Website.
10. GOVERNING LAWS
Loud speaker by Joris Millot from the Noun Project
Letter by Erickson Duverge from the Noun Project
Chair by Valery from the Noun Project
User select by Pravin Unagar from the Noun Project
Camera reel by ProSymbols from the Noun Project
Conference by Milky - Digital innovation from the Noun Project
Discussion by Ralf Schmitzer from the Noun Project
Search by Rediffusion from the Noun Project
Clapperboard by 23 icons from the Noun Project
Edit Video by Oliviu Stoian from the Noun Project
Star Trophy by ProSymbols from the Noun Project
Write by art shop from the Noun Project
Idea by Stefano Vetere from the Noun Project
Rate by Randomhero from the Noun Project
Close File by Shuaib Usman Yusuf from the Noun Project